Monday, January 6, 2014

New year resolutions



Pin It
First post of 2014!
First of all I would like to thank all the people who are reading this blog, following along or perhaps even buying a painting. I hope 2014 will bring you joy and happiness, in any shape or form.

This year I'm planning to do more painting and drawing from life, so chances are that you'll also be seeing me do some still life work now and then.

This is the first one of the year, 6x6" oil on panel.

Using a limited palette of titanium white, cad yellow pale, permanent alizarin, burnt sienna, ultramarine blue.

Portrait and model

4 comments:

Pat said...

Outstanding!
I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your resolutions.

Erik van Elven said...

Thank you Pat, looking forward to that!

hmuxo said...

Amazing, Erik! Which one is the model??!!! I hope to see more of your still life pieces..I've been busy and trying to catch up with all my blogs and I missed your last painting which I love and can't believe the size of it... De Kleine meester is perfectly painted!!

Erik van Elven said...

Haha, thank you so much Hilda. I've been busy too during the holidays but hopefully we'll be able to start painting again now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails