Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Rembrandt portrait study

Pin It
I've always wanted to try to do an old master painting study, especially a Rembrandt portrait.
So I finally had the courage to give it a try.
I wish I had done it sooner, it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot.
You really have to pay close attention to the original and in the process get a better understanding of how the artist created the final painting.

Rembrandt portrait Erik van Elven
Rembrandt portrait study, oil on cardboard


hmuxo said...

OMGosh Erik!!! this is absolutely FABULOUS! Move over Rembrandt!!!! I think its a very good practice to copy from a Master...I did it and I really enjoyed it!! You have inspired me to do another one!!!

Erik van Elven said...

Thank you Hilda, I'm honored :)
I won't compare myself to Rembrandt though..

Judy said...

Fantastisch, Erik! Ik kan me voorstellen dat je daar veel van leert!

Erik van Elven said...

Dank je Judy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails