Friday, July 6, 2012

The shepherds place



Pin It
"The shepherds place", 24x30cm oil on canvas panel, no longer available





















This is a place near my home. I've passed by it many times and thought it would make a nice painting but I had to wait until it was a sunny morning to really bring out the beauty.
At first I painted this painting with a flock of sheep in the background but I decided to take them out since I felt it was a little too obvious but I liked the fact that the painting told a story.

So now I'm thinking of putting them back in (only a little bigger, they were too small)
I also did some extra work on the foliage with a palette knife.

The old version is here:




















Which version do you prefer, with or without the sheep?

10 comments:

hmuxo said...

Gorgeous painting, Erik. Love those perfect greens and wonderful building!!!

Judy said...

Ik vind deze erg mooi, Erik!

Erik van Elven said...

Thank you Hilda!

Erik van Elven said...

Hoi Judy, dank je wel. Hopelijk was je geen grote fan van de schapen want die heb ik er inmiddels uitgehaald :)

Rodney van den Beemd said...

Prachtig Erik!

Erik van Elven said...

Dank je Rodney!

renate said...

Hallo Erik:) Je bent wel in vorm de laatste tijd. Prachtig. Als je had gezegd dat het in Frankrijk was had ik je ook geloofd:) Het is een prachtig plaatje!

Erik van Elven said...

Hoi Renate, we doen ons best :)
Iemand anders op Facebook had ook gezegd dat het haar aan Frankrijk deed denken, grappig.

Karla said...

Beautiful painting!!!

Erik van Elven said...

Thank you Karla!

Related Posts with Thumbnails