Friday, March 30, 2012

Live music in life painting class



Pin It
Yesterday night in life painting class we had an accordeon-player performing for us.
I managed to do 2 oil sketches and tried to stay loose in my painting.
I used watermixable oil on gessoed watercolour paper for this,  an ideal medium for these quick sketches. You can thin the paint with water and use it in a watercolour kind of way or use the paint like it comes straight out of the tube for more impasto style of painting.

Portrait from life, 40 minutes, oil on paper, 35x27cm

'The accordeon-player', from life, oil on paper, 35x27cm

4 comments:

Jane said...

Two beautiful paintings done in such a short time, I specially love the portrait, so expressive. Lovely thing to have live music while painting, wish you a nice weekend Erik!

Erik van Elven said...

Thank you Jane, have a nice weekend!

hmuxo said...

This portrait is wonderful, Erik. I wish I can do loose paintings...they are so "painterly"!! Beautiful work on the accordion player as well!!!

Erik van Elven said...

Thank you Hilda! I guess the music really helped me here to stay loose!

Related Posts with Thumbnails