Friday, January 13, 2012

"Jerry Waese", watermixable oil paint on paper



Pin It
Jerry Waese, Artisan watermixable oil paint on gessoed paper for JKPP.
Boy, did I have a lot of fun creating this portrait, I hope it shows. The great thing about the Artisan paint (at least on paper) is that you can treat it like oil paint or like watercolor or something inbetween. I will definately use it more often.


I used a limited palette:
Ultramarine blue, Burnt Sienna and Titanium White.


Block-in stages:





12 comments:

renate said...

Hi Erik. I've never used that oil myself but you made a wonderful painting with it! Beautiful rough strokes. I like that!

Sandra Heading said...

I love that you are not afaid to make mistakes, from your learning ...

Limited Pallets are a good thing to explore from, and it seems to have a harmony that gels!!

Sh

Douglas Clark said...

Im really impressed that you created all that color with three tubes, very impressive. Drawing looks great too on this one.

Erik van Elven said...

Thank you Renate! I've switched to regular oils for my canvas paintings but the Artisan paint works wonders on paper, didn't expect that.

Erik van Elven said...

Sandra: Thanks! Don't be afraid to make mistakes because you probable learn more from your mistakes than from your successes. Also, oil is a forgiving medium so you can make a lot of changes if needed :)

Erik van Elven said...

Hi Douglas: Thanks! It's very freeing to work with such a limited palette, a lot less choices to make haha :)

Pat said...

Love the rugged feel to this portrait - very expressive! xx

Erik van Elven said...

Thank you Pat! The rough Fabriano paper is a nice surface to work on.

Rodney van den Beemd said...

Geweldig resultaat Erik! En leuk om te lezen over die speciale verf, gooie tip!

Erik van Elven said...

Dank je wel Rodney!

Sadeu said...

very good paintings, Erik : )

Erik van Elven said...

Thank you Sadeu!

Related Posts with Thumbnails