Saturday, December 31, 2011

Portrait practice



Pin It
As an artist I feel you always have to look at your weak points and figure out how you can improve them. For me (and most artists I figure) the area where I can improve the most is my drawing skills.

So, besides the life drawing class I'm taking I decided to join a portrait drawing group on Flickr, Julia Kay's Portrait Party, or JKPP. In this group members draw and paint portraits of others members in a huge variety of styles.

The great thing about this is that there's always something to draw or paint, you can experiment with different styles and your drawing can be as loose as you like. And more practice means better drawing skills so hopefully you will see a lot of JPKK work from me in the future.

If you want to see other artists rendition of me then check out this thread.
Below is my rendition in gouache and pastel of Sketchmanni.
See you all in 2012!

"Sketchmanni", gouache and pastel on paper.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails