Friday, April 22, 2011

"The bride"- life painting class



Pin It
Yesterday was  a nice night to paint. Our model Marije who I painted and drawn before wore her wedding dress. She was standing on a high platform which made us all look up to her, creating a very special mood. I was humming "Don't cry for me Argentina" when I was making the first marks with my brush :)

I used the same limited palette as I used in my previous painting (Reggae night) which is:

Titanium white
Yellow Ochre 
Pozzuoli Earth
Ultramarine blue
Ivory black

Basically it's a modified version of the Zorn palette, with a more earthy red (pozzuoli red instead of vermillion) and ultramarine blue added. I tend to use the black more with mixes with the red to create beautiful dark browns that stay warm and the blue I use to cool down the skintones, when I use black for that the skintones tend to get muddy quite fast in my experience.

I didn't have time to complete the sketch and work more on the background and the edges so I may work on it some more in the future.

"The bride", oil on canvas, 40x30cm

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails