Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bald eagle painting



Pin It
I did this painting as a gift for the kid of a friend who turns 6 this weekend, he's a huge fan of birds of prey. It's great when kids have an appreciation for the natural world and I feel we should stimulate them as much as we can to hang on to that. Thanks to my sister for allowing me to use the photo-ref from her recent trip to Canada and the US.

bald eagle painting
'Bald eagle', acrylic on gallery wrap canvas, 18x13cm (7.1x5.1)
© 2010 Erik van Elven
nfs

9 comments:

Jesus Estevez said...

Impressive Erik, you have a very good hand with animals,plus good work with the acrylic

sue said...

What a lovely present - I'm sure he'll be so thrilled with this magnificent eagle

Erik said...

Thanks Jesus, I still prefer oils but I had to this in oils to be sure it was dry in time.

Hi Sue, thanks for visiting. I hope he'll like it.

Lokelani Forrest said...

Very well done Erik. I agree, when kids have that love, it needs to be stimulated and encouraged.

Erik said...

Hello Lokelani, thank you for your comment. I'm looking forward to his reaction.

sam said...

Great job Erik, love those subtle colours, what a majestic creature)

Erik said...

Hi Sam, thanks! I like these birds too. Limited palette makes it easier here to keep everything harmonious.

Sarah Edgecumbe said...

Great job!

Erik van Elven said...

Thank you Sarah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails