Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Limited palette month painting Nr2



Pin It
If anyone has a suggestion for a title I'm open to suggestions.

Another painting done with a limited palette. This one was done with the following colors:
Cadmium red light
Cadmium yellow (medium)

Ultramarine blue
Titanium white
I also put out Emerald green on the palette (unfortunately Viridian isn't available in the Cobra lineup) but I ended up not using it.
This is a very versatile palette which I'm planning to use a lot more in the future.


Oil on canvasboard, 13x18cm (5.1x7.1)
© 2010, Erik van Elven
no longer available

16 comments:

Jesus Estevez said...

Hi Erik, I love the duck painting, he looks very baby, for the title, I just did one painting with two mail ducks and I call i "Two ducks looking for a date", the one in your painting looks like is looking for mammy Duck

Erik said...

Hi Jesus,
Thanks for the suggestion.

Dais said...

Zoo lief! En ook heel mooi uitgevoerd.

Erik said...

Dank je Dais.

Sjamesportraiture said...

Great work, I've been pondering a ducking too, I've already done some in gouache, so wanted to try some pastel, you're work has inspired me!

Erik said...

Hi Sarah. That's a big compliment. Thank you!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Het donzige en aandoenlijke van dit beestje heb je prachtig neergezet!

Erik said...

Dank je Brigitte!

Dais said...

Wat een heerlijk woord (SOLD). Ik vind hem echt super. :-)

Erik said...

:)

Gary Keimig said...

well done Eric. Just shows what one can do with a limited pallette. wise choice to leave off the green.

Erik said...

Thank you Gary. I was pleasantly surprised by the wide number of colors that could be mixed from those 3 colors + white.

sam said...

Lovely Erik, nice subject and movement.

Erik said...

Thanks Sam.

James F. Smith said...

Very Good Erik!! Love it!

Thanks for joining my blog!!

Erik said...

Thank you James.

Related Posts with Thumbnails