Friday, June 18, 2010

Wolf painting acrylic



Pin It
'Wolf!', acrylic on Mus panel
 18x24 cm (7.1x9.4) , © 2010 Erik van Elven

Wolves are mysterious creatures and that quality I was trying to grab in this painting.
Mus panel is a really smooth painting surface to paint on, it has 7 layers of sanded gesso for maximum detail work. I wanted a more textured surface for his wolf painting so I added another layer of gesso with a very rough brush. I kept the paint very dry and transparent.
I like the fact  that the painting works as an abstract design as well.

4 comments:

Jesus Estevez said...

Good work on your wolf,nice texture on the hair , and yes you capture the mysteriousness of the wolf very well.

Erik said...

Thank you Jesus,
Good to hear you like it!

Gary Keimig said...

this is really nice Eric. Very artfully presented.

Erik said...

Thanks Gary, always appreciate you stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails