Thursday, May 20, 2010

Snow landscape oil painting finished



Pin It
I finished my snow landscape yesterday, decided to keep it impressionistic because I like it better that way :)

snow landscape oil painting erik van elven 11n
 'Snow landscape' oil on masonite
© 2010 Erik van Elven
No longer available

Actually I wanted to start a new studio painting with the new Talens Cobra watermixable oils yesterday but decided to finish this one first because I have so many wip-paintings laying around already :)
So the cobra's will have to wait till Friday.

18 comments:

Wouter Tulp said...

WAUW!!! heeel erg mooi!!!

Erik said...

Thanks Wouter!

Lokelani Forrest said...

Wonderfully rendered.

Erik said...

Hi Lokelani,
I appreciate it.

sam said...

WOW Erik! I love it, the brushtrokes are so energetic, wonderful scene)

Erik said...

Cheers Sam, next one is more up your alley, 2 calves behind a fence.

abey said...

Beautyful colors man!!

Erik said...

Thanks Abey!

Gary Keimig said...

really did come out nice. Love the boldness of it.

Erik said...

Hi Gary,
Yes I'm drawn more towards bolder brushwork lately.
Thanks for visiting.

Jesus Estevez said...

Great painting and a good impressionistic style, very good Erik

Erik said...

Thank you Jesus!

Stefan Nuetzel said...

This is the first time I am on your blog and I like your paintings a lot.

Great sense of color and very good brushwork.

Cheers from Vienna.
Stefan!

Erik said...

Hi Stefan, thanks for the kind words.

Arto Isotalo said...

This painting is exquisite! I really like the colors and brushwork, too.

Erik said...

Thanks Arto, really like your blog too.

Artoonator said...

Erg goed deze!

Erik said...

Thanks Arne!

Related Posts with Thumbnails