Sunday, May 16, 2010

Plein air painting - De Haeck



Pin It
plein air painting oil landscape cobra water mixable oil paint
Plein air painting - De Haeck , 8x10 oil on panel
© 2010 Erik van Elven

I went to the beautiful 'De Haeck' near the Nieuwkoopse Plassen today with fellow painter Cas van der Sluijs. Nice, steady light throughout the afternoon. This painting was done with the new Cobra water mixable oil paint by Royal Talens, I will be talking more about this in a future blogpost.

Finally got around to testing my Art Cocoon Traveler 1.
It's a wet-canvas carrier made from high quality cardboard, very light and easy to use.
This version can fit a 4x6,5x7,6x8 or 8x10 (You just take out the cardboard piece that fits your panel.
After you've done painting, you just put on the lid, put on the elastic and off you go!
I think it's a great product.

plein air painting Erik van Elven




13 comments:

DennyHollandStudio said...

Very nice plein aire, Erik, you really captured the reflected sky in the water.

sam said...

Great water Erik, must be fantastic to be painting outdoors, nice bit of equipment too!

abey said...

Very nice colors!

Erik said...

Denny: Thanks. Luckily there was little wind on this spot so I didn't have to capture the water wrinkles :)
Going to give your linenboard a try this week.

Erik said...

Sam: Thanks. It felt great to be working outside again. Hope to do more plein air paintings this year.

Erik said...

Abey:Thanks! Great acrylics on your blog.

Lokelani Forrest said...

Beautiful. For a minute I thought I was looking at the real thing through the easel.

Erik said...

Thanks Lokelani, that's a huge compliment.

Pat LaBrecque said...

Beautiful paintings - just cruised your site. Thanks for trying the Art Cocoons!

Angie said...

I love the dark but light feel of the painting. The 'dark' of the deep woods, and the light feel of the warm sunshine on the water. I just found your blog and am now following! I Look forward to seeing more of your work!

Erik said...

Pat: Thanks. It's a great product, I love the low weight and the fact that you can display the painting in it when you get home.

Angie: Thanks for subscribing! I hope I won't dissapoint :)

Ron Guthrie said...

Excellent work on this pa painting Erik. Your painting rig looks cool too. Nice painting! Thanks also for the info on the brushes.

Erik said...

Thanks Ron.
Really enjoy reading your blog too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails