Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lori glory - Lori oil painting



Pin It
If you're an artist, does the following sound familiar?
Your painting is almost done, in fact it is done,
you just want to do 1 final teeny weeny brushstroke before you go clean your brushes as a happy painter and then disaster strikes..
Apparently there was a weird color on your brush and now there is a weird looking blob in a strange color on your painting, and it needs correcting, right away! So that one final brushstroke turns into hours of correcting and you end up with something that was almost as nice as the painting before that teeny weeny brushstroke..

This is one of those paintings.
I could have used an Undo here, Ctrl Z didn't work


lori oil painting
'Lori glory'
Oil on canvasboard, 18x24cm
© 2010 Erik van Elven

14 comments:

DennyHollandStudio said...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. But that is still a good looking painting.

Erik said...

Thanks Denny,
Good to hear I'm not alone :)

Peter Brown said...

Nice work Eric - looks like you recovered well from that errant brushstroke! I often hear these lorikeets making a racket from the tree in our neighbour's garden. They may look beautiful, but they definitely need singing lessons!

Erik said...

Hi Peter,
Thanks. My brother lives near Sydney. These birds frequently come to his balcony and he's not too fond of their voice either :)
Looking forward to new painting-updates by you.

AtelierBrigitte said...

It is still looking very good!
Sometimes I wish too, that Ctrl+Z would work on my drawings/paintings.

Erik said...

Hi Brigitte,
Thanks. Especially when I'm drawing I occasionally make the Ctrl-Z gesture, which obviously doesn't work :)

AtelierBrigitte said...

I make that gesture sometimes as well, but I didn't want to tell in my first post - I am glad I am not the only one!!!

Erik said...

LOL :)

meaningful life said...

Hi Erik:
it was great to receive your comment, I am glad that you like my work. I enjoyed looking at your work, its so realistci and so beautiful,great.
take care
Ben

Erik said...

Thanks Ben! I really enjoy your work.

Crystal Cook said...

First of all, your painting is just stunning! Beautiful!

And second, I totally know that feeling. But I can't tell on your painting, it's just lovely.

Just found your blog, and enjoyed looking around at all your fine work :)

Erik said...

Crystal Cook: That's good to hear, thanks. I managed to rescue the painting but there's always that nagging feeling that it looked better with a few hours less work :)
Thanks for your reaction.

Sally Evans said...

haha ctl z....if only that could be used! I find myself wanting to do that alot! I love rainbow lorikeets, we use to feed them at the back of our house! Gorgeous work on the crown feathers.

Erik said...

Thank you Sally! Must be quite a change to live in wet and cold Europe now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails