Sunday, October 18, 2009

2 calves - oil quickstudy - 2 Pinken olieverf studie



Pin It
-Curious stare-
Oil on masonite, 25x20 cm (10 x 8)
No longer available


Every serious wildlife and animal artist should have at least once in his career have painted a cow. I have been wanting to paint a cow for a long time but somehow, other things came first.
So, when I wanted to do a quickstudy last friday and came across this reference photo, I knew I wanted to paint these 2 curious animals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elke schilder van wildlife en dieren in het algemeen zou in ieder geval 1 keer in zijn carriëre een koe moeten hebben geschilderd. Bij mij was het er nog nooit van gekomen maar afgelopen vrijdag kwam ik toen ik een snelstudie wilde maken deze foto tegen. Gelijk wist ik: dit wil ik schilderen.

13 comments:

Krista Hasson said...

Stunning, I love it!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Great cows!
You draw/paint the most wonderful animals - I loved scrolling through your blog.
And thanks for your kind words on my blog.

sue said...

Excellent Erik

.... I have yet to paint a cow :o)

Erik said...

Krista: Thanks!

Brigitte: Always good to hear other people are enjoying your work. I'll be watching your blog too. Nice work on the hamster and mouse.

Sue: Haha, thanks. I'll be looking forward to your first cow!

DennyHollandStudio said...

Painting a few cows has been on my list for a long time-now I think I'll go do it...thanks, Erik!

Erik said...

Denny: As the days get colder the cows are going to be inside again, at least here in the Netherlands so that's why I decided to go out and took a lot of pictures. Thanks for the nice words.

Art Fan Ako said...

Excellent!

sam said...

Wow Erik! These two are just beautiful, you've really captured that shy look they have. You should certainly do some more before they go in for the winter)

Erik said...

Art Fan Ako: Thanks!
Sam: Thanks, yes you're right, I think I'll do at least one other. They're such great creatures.

Jo said...

Lovely work Erik

Erik said...

Thanks Jo! Working on more cows..

Marjolein Kruijt said...

Hai Erik,
Leuk werkstukje, je hebt een mooie losse schilder'poot'.
Succes, groet Marjolein

Erik said...

Hoi Marjolein,
Dank je wel! Leuk dat je even komt kijken. Ik hoop je zaterdag nog te zien.

Related Posts with Thumbnails