Thursday, September 10, 2009

Flower imitation oil quickstudy - Flamingo oil painting



Pin It
Lately I've been reading a book by Craig Nelson, 60 minutes to better painting. It's about making lots and lots of quick-studies in oil or acrylic to improve your technique, the idea being that the hardest part of a painting is the start.

When I returned from cleaning my brushes my first impression of the painting was that the 2 flamingos resembled a pair of flowers, hence the title.


flamingo impressionistic oil painting

-Flower imitation-
Oil on masonite, 15x20 cm (6 x 8)


6 comments:

Tracey Clarke said...

This is just beautiful, Erik....I love the painterly, spontanious quality...

Erik said...

Thanks Tracey. I really have to be hard on myself not to blend but to really think about my brushstrokes before I put them on.

Sophie said...

Deze zijn heel mooi. Dramatisch contrast, leuke titel, warme kleuren. Good one.

Erik said...

Dank je Sophie voor het compliment, mooi pastel en olieverf werk op je blog en site.

Mariska said...

If you squint, they do resemble peonies a bit (pioenrozen) :) Well, that is the first flower name that popped into my head anyway. I think this is a lovely quick-study. Very nice indeed.

Erik said...

That's the exactly the flower I was thinking of, except I couldn't come up with it's name. Thanks Mariska for the kind words.

Related Posts with Thumbnails